Sample resume for experienced radiation therapist
For a radiation therapist, it’s important to have an updated and well patterned resume to be selected for an interview. He or she should mention all the tasks and responsibilities they handled in the previous years at various employers. Their educational qualification and certifications in any specialized area need to be clearly described. The candidate needs to put in all the achievements he has done so far in his/her profession. One needs to be careful while preparing a resume. Everything that is mentioned on the resume should make sense. The interviewer may sometimes ask specifically about something mentioned in the resume. The candidate needs to be aware of what all is mentioned in the resume and be prepared to answer the questions put to him. Following is a sample resume for a radiation therapist.
45, Lakeview Avenue,
Camper City, PA
Phone: (911) 1234567
Objective: Looking for the post of a Radiation Therapist in a well-established health care facility that will utilize my knowledge and skills in radiology.
Summary of Qualifications:
- 3 years of experience in radiation therapy treatment procedures at various employers.
- Deep knowledge of radiation therapy technology and the equipment used.
- Good knowledge on the anatomy of human body and the principles of radiation.
- Ability to understand and accept others’ views and ideas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Employer: Care Hospitals, Cambria, PA
Position: Radiation Therapist
Period: 2006 to present
- Preparation of treatment plans for patients as per the prescription of the oncologists making sure to design the dose so as not to affect the healthy tissue.
- Preparing the patients for the treatment and educating them about the treatment procedures.
- Sending the detailed treatment plan to the oncologist for approval.
- Operation of the radiation therapy equipment and tools.
- Identification of the affected tumor areas using simulators and CT scanners.
- Guide and supervise trainee students who come to see and learn the radiation therapy principles and procedures.
- Regularly update and maintain the records of the patient.
Employer: ABC Hospital, Goshen, CA
Position: Radiation Therapist Intern
- Explain the treatment procedures to patients and help them in proper positioning during the time of treatment.
- Arrange all the equipment and various devices in the radiation chamber as per the oncologist’s advice.
- Educate patients and the family about the safety measures before, during and after the radiation therapy process.
- Help other medical staff in locating the tumor and other dosimetry procedures.
- Generate reports every week for the oncologist to review.
Certified Radiation Therapist, 2006
ABC College of Advanced Radiation Technology, Berkeley, California
B.S. Degree in Radiology, 2005
University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Member of American Association of Radiation Therapists, 2007 to present.
- References available upon request.
Radiation therapist resume for an entry level position:
Now let us look at how to prepare a resume for an entry level position in the field of radiation therapy.
To get a junior post as a professional in radiation therapist that helps me to put to use the skill acquired though training and clinical experience.
Associate degree in Radiologic Technology
August 2005 – May 2007
Greaton Institute of Technology, California
Associate degree in Radiation Therapy Technology
August 2007 – May 2009
Goldwin College, California
Experience in Clinical field:
- Varian 21X Clinac Linear Accelerator
- Imaged Guided Radiation Therapy
- Computed Tomography Simulator
- Triology Linear Accelerator
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Observed Gated Breast Irradiation
- Oldelft Conventional Simulator
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- On-Board Digital Imaging, Cone-Beam Computed Tomography and Mosaic Software
- Observed Brachytherapy procedures
- Experience in beam shaping and immobilization devices
Clinical Rotation Sites
Sean Jogers Cancer Institute, New Jersey
Mandrake Oncology Institute, Texas
John Memorial Cancer Institute, Texas
Prime Health Hospitals, Maryland
Post: Radiologic Technologist
Period: November 2009 – May 2010
Contact: Rob Paul
- Performed procedures in diagnostic imaging
- Experience in patient record managerial position
- laboratory testing, phlebotomy, Patient triage and injections
Curetumor Community Hospital, MD
Post: Radiologic Technologist April 2008 – November 2009
Contact: Amy Peters
- Perform diagnostic imaging procedures and computed tomography
- Manage patient data
- Basic nursing assessment skills
Texas Department of State Health Services
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
Manager, XYZ college of Radiation Therapy
Director, ABC Cancer Institute
Assistant Manager, East Coast Hospital